Asked on Sep 11, 2019

How can I clean dog urine smell out of basement?

Cynthia HGkCourtney |The Kitchen Garten
+4

• Diana

Petco and PetSmart sell a cleaner that gets rid of the stains and odor called "Natures Miracle".

The bacteria-based formula produces enzymes when it comes in contact with bio-based messes including severe urine, diarrhea, vomit and blood. The Stain and Odor Eliminator is safe to use on carpets, hard floors, furniture, fabrics and more, when used as directed, and leaves you with a light fresh scent.

• Flipturn

On concrete, carpet, hardwood?

• Diana

Training your dog is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.

• The enzymatic cleaner mentioned above is what has worked best for us. Good luck!

• Gk

It will help to have a dehumidifier to keep things dryer in the basement. You don't mention what you have to clean. Floors--what kind? Furniture-what material? Walls? How long have you had an issue with dog urine in the basement--that's a factor too! Phew! I hate dog and cat urine smell in the basement! Give us some more information so we can be more specific for your situation!

• Cynthia H

Sweep up any dust or dirt. Enzyme products often work. I have used PineSol and a scrub brush on unsealed concrete.