Asked on Sep 12, 2019

How do I clean a BBQ grill?

BetsyKmdreamerCynthia H
+3

• Marvin

How to clean a bbq grill

• Lucky Home Today

I use Dawn dish washing soap on the grills or pop them in the oven and run a cleaning cycle. For the rest of the BBQ, use a shop vac to clean out the ashes.

• Cynthia H

I found scrubby pads with a handle at the dollar store and I scrub the grills with that.

• Kmdreamer

Get ezoff oven cleaner take apart spray pieces then hose off you could scrub with a brush

Hi Marvin: I've heard that if you lay them on the ground overnight, they will scrub up easily. I'd use Dawn in hot water and a plastic scrubbie. Rinse and you should be good to go. If that doesn't work, use a mix of cream of tartar (the dry stuff) and a bit of vinegar. Make a thick paste, leave on for about 20 seconds and scrub off with the plastic scrubbie. I've also heard that if you use a wire brush, some of the bristles may get caught in the grate and then go into your food and cause all sorts of grief if you eat it, so plastic is the way to go.

Good luck