Asked on Sep 13, 2019

How can I stop my cat from peeing on the carpet?

JaneAdrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little GnomeNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+2

Had to pull up the carpet in front room because he has been peeing on it. There had been dogs in here years ago. My cat wet carpet so much, it smelled. I have used the "OUT" fro pet stains but it hasn't worked. Now he has his 2 potty boxes in the Lr and this morning he had peed on the carpet right in front of the boxes! Some days he will 'go' in the boxes, but most days not!

• Faye

Sounds like a trip to the the vet should be made to have the cat checked out thoroughly for any infections.

• Dianne Greer

Get rid of cat. It is almost impossible to stop once they start. Or put him outside.

• Schedule a vet visit. You want to rule out any possible signs of infection.

• If the kitty isn't fixed then spaying/neutering will help a lot. Also make sure the litter box is cleaned daily.

• Jane

Sorry for chiming in a bit late to the discussion, but I really feel like I need to add my 2 cents.

Cats don't just pee on floors and beds because they're in pain - could be a multitude of other reasons! Most common is that male cats feel the need to mark their territory.

As for myself, I finally found something that works for the cat pee smell in my home! A herbal mixture of sorts! I now recommend it to everyone because it works so freakin' well and we save SOO much money!

You should definitely check it out, we don't even buy Odorban and the likes any longer :)

What a relief to finally have gotten rid of the horrible cat pee smell, and for a decent price as well.

Registered an account only to say this:

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked.

He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at. It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :)

To be honest, I don't know too much more about it so I did a quick Google search and here's a description of the spray with a long review as well.

No I have not been paid for this post nor do I make any commissions off of it. I really just want to help you guys out. I hope you don't mind.

I'm based in Sweden, by the way, so you should be able to get it too.

Good luck with the odor! It really lowers your quality of life, doesn't it?