DesertRose
DesertRose
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Phoenix, AZ

Interchangeable for Holidays EZ Welcome Sign

$8

Our front door was needing a new "Welcome to our Home" sign and I wanted to make it interchangeable for the changing seasons and holidays coming up rapidly at summer's end. This time of year seems to fly by so fast I wanted an easy change for the seasons and holidays. Whatever we can do to make life a little easier during the festivities will help us to be less stressed and enjoy our loved ones a little more.

interchangeable for holidays ez welcome sign

I started with fall, then Christmas, and finally summer, but there are so many more that can be easily added! You can buy miniature wreaths made for table center pieces, or decorate your own green miniature wreath.

The dollar stores have great deals on frames but I needed one a bit larger. I found a damaged one at Walmart with the glass or plexiglass broken. I did not need the glass. It was 60% off so I grabbed it. The photo on the frame is just the one that comes with it. I removed the backing and covered it with contact paper shown here in a roll.

There is a good selection of different contact paper designs available where office supplies, school supplies, home decorations, and crafts are sold. I used what I had on hand. It is a favorite of mine anyway.

Then using a ruler, pencil lines, and two or three designs of letters, I penciled in the top half of the backboard. Then I went over it with a sharpie marker. You could use peel and stick letters for this part if you have them.

Using a dollar store command hook I interchanged each one of the wreaths to see how they would look. Here is summer. The frame of the picture helps to give it a finished look.

Here is a Christmas one. The bells and red balls did not show up for some reason. It is really quite colorful. Now I have 3 seasons and I was thinking how easy to add a small wreath for New Years, Valentines, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, birthdays, and celebrations for graduation or any special day. This will be an easy door change for whatever the occasion. It is as easy as removing one miniature wreath and exchanging it for the new holiday coming. Welcome to my home!