DIY Leather Plant Hanger

$3

I love to use leather scraps for home decor projects and jewelry. It's inexpensive and extremely versatile. I bought a small bag for under $2.00 at Hobby Lobby and made this unique leather plant hanger that can easily be adjusted to fit different sized pots by tightening or loosening the laces.

This is the finished plant hanger. I used two different but complimentary colors since that what was in the bag but you could certainly make this all one color easily.

In addition to the bag of leather scraps, I bought a bag of leather straps and some gold eyelets to use in the areas where there would be stress on the leather to support the weight of the planter.

The process is pretty simple but you will need to make sure that your leather scrap will cover the pot down one side, across the bottom, and up the other side. You can see above that this piece is more than big enough.

With a little measuring, seriously, just using a ruler I had on hand, and a sharpie, I was able to make my "pattern".

Using sharp scissors and a hole punch I was able to get everything together and ready to assemble in less than 15 minutes.

Get the full tutorial with photos for every step on the blog: https://thehowtohome.com/easy-diy-leather-plant-hanger/

These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Mary Beth @ The How to Home

• Seagee

Lovely, but what do you do about the hole in the pot?

• Carla

I would put the saucer under it and that is how it should be shown in the picture.