Asked on Sep 15, 2019

How can I turn my standard height dining chair into a pub chair?

BaxterJanetWilliam
+3

even if I have to cut the legs off and attach it to a brown metal base I am good with that. The company doesn’t make a bar height stool/chair and I want to match the chair for my island which is right next to my kitchen eating area. It is an open concept

q i want to turn my regular height dining chair into a pub height chair

I’m trying to make this bigger. Any suggestions

• Rymea

The style of chair doesn't have to match as long as they are all the same color. Here is some info.

https://barstoolcomforts.com/blog/2013/08/barstool-and-chairs-in-my-kitchen/

• Nan W.

Carolyne: you could use the chair seats and back with the project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoS6oY_FlLg

• Kimberly Roshto-Medrano

You can buy porch posts at Lowe’s and replace the legs.

Love the video from Nan. All you need is to tweek the dimensions to fit your seat after cutting the legs flush with the chair apron.

• Janet

Google... bar height wooden pub chairs.

It brings up numerous places you can purchase similar ones to the chair you have.

I saw some at very reasonable prices.

By the time you cut the chair you have and buy all the items to transform that chair, it would probably be more cost effective to buy new ones.

• Baxter

There is not a way to raise your chairs to the height that you need. The stile (the back side-post) on your chair is actually a continuance of the rear leg---so you can't replace the legs without tearing apart the back of the chair. I would return the chairs, if possible, or use them as game table chairs or dining chairs in another area. Good luck!