Sixteenfourteen
Sixteenfourteen
  • Reston, VA

80s Kitchen Renovation

My husband Brian and I are DIY/remodeling kooks who bought a 1980s fixer-upper in 2008. Last year, we FINALLY finished the most important room: the kitchen!
What we did: New floors, new cabinets, painted plank ceiling, crown molding, soffit, new island, new appliances...you get the idea! For the "before" and "during" photos, please visit here: http://sixteenfourteen.weebly.com/2/post/2012/05/the-anatomy-of-a-kitchen-makeover.html
Details: Brazillian cherry hardwood floors, custom cabinets, Restoration Hardware lighting, GE Monogram appliances, "White Fantasy" and "Absolute Black" granite countertops.
80s Kitchen Renovation
80s Kitchen Renovation
80s Kitchen Renovation
80s Kitchen Renovation
80s Kitchen Renovation-Island with Built-In Microwave
80s Kitchen Renovation-Soffit
80s Kitchen Renovation-Soffit
Sixteenfourteen

• Janet Smith

Such a beautiful kitchen! The contrasting black island is elegant and I love your choice of the granite resembling marble. Marble in a kitchen that is really used is just not practical, is it?

• Naila

What a treat the kitchen looks awesome , can you pls tell me about your range wall vent what kind of exhaust is it and are the filters baffles or mesh I too am redoing my kitchen and would love some info