This is how the dresser looked when I purchased it. Missing knobs, chipped veneer and old finish.
So Fresh so Clean
Sometimes even the most sad looking furniture could become be a statement piece of your home with a little imagination.
Picked up this tallboy dresser from Facebook marketplace and transformed it over the weekend. Here is how
I started with fixing the veneer by using wood filler.
After the dresser was sanded down I still had some tougher areas to address. It has some scratches. Luckily I have a trick to get rid of that and it works really well.
By placing a wet towel and hot iron on the dent or scratch for a couple of seconds you can steam out the wood nicely!
Once the dresser was all cleaned up, sanded (100, 120, 150, 220 grit) it was time to tape up the design. I used frogtape to that.
After the design was taped I stained the dresser with a light stain ( minwax provical) There was no tape applied where the frogtape was, that gave me a 2 toned wood further enhancing the design. I added some white accents.
I used latex paint for the accents.
Applied a waterbased clear coat to protect the wood. Finally added new brass knobs and that took it to the next level. I loved how it turned out.
For more information and other pieces follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai