Dollar Tree Jute Wreath

$8

This wreath was made with Dollar Tree items, except for the “H” and the final bow.

I began this project with 5 packs of this decorative rope and a 14 inch diameter metal wreath frame from the Dollar Tree.

I began weaving the rope from the outside rim over then under the next wire, then over the next, then under the next wire. On the next row back over, then under, then over, then under. With this second row I start pulling the beginning piece of rope and enclosing it in the underneath of the wreath. This is like you cover the beginning thread with cross stitch. I kept pushing all the weaving as close as it would go. This was to cover as much of the wire as possible. You will have to let the rope unwind occasionally. It tends to get twisted too tight.

This is the underside of the wreath showing how the ends and the beginning rope pieces were woven in.

This is how it looked using almost 5 packs of the rope. There was probably 18 inches more or less left of the rope.

I bought the unfinished “H” from Hobby Lobby. I painted it with black paint I had at home. I then drilled two holes on the top parts of the H. I unraveled the 3 ply rope and pulled a single strand through the holes. I then figured how long a drop I wanted and tied a knot on each side. Then cut off the excess. The third strand was wrapped underneath around the two hanging strands. Knotted them together and cut off excess.

I forgot to buy ribbon for a bow at the Dollar Tree. So I will be returning to Dollar Tree to find a fall color for a bow. Will submit updated photo once I get the bow attached. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Well, I went to the Dollar Tree and bought 4 rolls of ribbon to make bows. This is the first one I made. Going look at it on the door for a few days and see how I like it.

Well, I had an AHA moment today and remembered I had some buffalo check ribbon I had used last Christmas. I pulled out my box of Christmas ribbon and fashioned this bow and put it on our front door. Very happy with the results!! Will use the previous ribbon with a flower arrangement for Thanksgiving. Nothing wasted in our household.

• Juanita

Wouldn't this be nice if you glued a mirror in the center!

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan

Hi Juanita. Thanks for your question. Yes, it could be used for framing a mirror. The possibilities are endless.

• Lucy Marie Bernier

How about trying this ? I use a wood burning tool to make this

• Jodi Condrey

did you paint the wreath frame? did you find that the original green of the wire frame shows through or not?

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan

Hi Jodi, no, I did not paint the frame. I kept pushing the rope toward the wire and put as many rows of the rope as I could get between the wires. Doing this covered most of the wire. Hope this helps.

• Ruth11

I did it! Bought the wreath, and ornament and a Christmas pick at the dollar store and rope at the home depot. Total cost $12. and I still have rope left. Made a cute rustic door wreath for Christmas.

• Ruth11

Thanks for the heads up! I think I'll go to my dollar store and see if mine has them. I can use that extra rope.

• Ruth11

Here's my 2 projects you inspired.

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan

Ruth, you have absolutely made my day! Your wreaths look fabulous!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your creations with me!