Dollar Tree Jute Wreath

$8

This wreath was made with Dollar Tree items, except for the “H” and the final bow.

I began this project with 5 packs of this decorative rope and a 14 inch diameter metal wreath frame from the Dollar Tree.

I began weaving the rope from the outside rim over then under the next wire, then over the next, then under the next wire. On the next row back over, then under, then over, then under. With this second row I start pulling the beginning piece of rope and enclosing it in the underneath of the wreath. This is like you cover the beginning thread with cross stitch. I kept pushing all the weaving as close as it would go. This was to cover as much of the wire as possible. You will have to let the rope unwind occasionally. It tends to get twisted too tight.

This is the underside of the wreath showing how the ends and the beginning rope pieces were woven in.

This is how it looked using almost 5 packs of the rope. There was probably 18 inches more or less left of the rope.

I bought the unfinished “H” from Hobby Lobby. I painted it with black paint I had at home. I then drilled two holes on the top parts of the H. I unraveled the 3 ply rope and pulled a single strand through the holes. I then figured how long a drop I wanted and tied a knot on each side. Then cut off the excess. The third strand was wrapped underneath around the two hanging strands. Knotted them together and cut off excess.

I forgot to buy ribbon for a bow at the Dollar Tree. So I will be returning to Dollar Tree to find a fall color for a bow. Will submit updated photo once I get the bow attached. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Well, I went to the Dollar Tree and bought 4 rolls of ribbon to make bows. This is the first one I made. Going look at it on the door for a few days and see how I like it.

Well, I had an AHA moment today and remembered I had some buffalo check ribbon I had used last Christmas. I pulled out my box of Christmas ribbon and fashioned this bow and put it on our front door. Very happy with the results!! Will use the previous ribbon with a flower arrangement for Thanksgiving. Nothing wasted in our household.

30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas

• Joyce Swan-Delorme
    Joyce Swan-Delorme

How do you start to put the rope throw the wreath

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan
      GeorgiaBulldogsFan

Hi Joyce, Sorry to be so late getting back to you. Been busy cleaning out closets! I began weaving the rope by holding about 3 inches of rope and then tucked it under the rope and I continued to weave over, under, over under until it was secure on the under side. Hope this helps.

• Joan McCutcheon
    Joan McCutcheon

I would like to use this same method on a dollar tree cross frame for my parents grave do you think this would work. Thank you.

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan
      GeorgiaBulldogsFan

Hi Joan. I haven’t seen the cross frame at the Dollar Tree but if it is a wired wreath form, I feel sure you could use the method.

• Nancy Williams-sykes
    Nancy Williams-sykes

The rope is so stiff should it be wet to soften it up before trying to weave it into frame

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan
      GeorgiaBulldogsFan

Hi Nancy, I did my whole wreath frame with dry rope. I used cheap rope from the Dollar Tree. Let me know if you decide to wet it. Good luck and thanks for the question.

• Lucy Marie Bernier
    Lucy Marie Bernier

The Compliment was well deserved and earned. You mentioned weaving. I make Rodeo rope baskets.Header rope works best, because is much more pliable. I use all of the rope even the loop. I use a wood burning tool to seal and shape the piece. Continue your creativeness.

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan
      GeorgiaBulldogsFan

Hi Lucy. That is a great idea! I’ll be looking into trying that in the future. Always up for a new project I haven’t done before. 👍🏻

• Lucy Marie Bernier
    Lucy Marie Bernier

I always try to inspire others. I’ve also made a working table out of bicycle rims. Also made fake bricks walls in my place. I made Faberge but I like to call them fabricge eggs. Here’s some more ideas. Happy Creating !

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan
      GeorgiaBulldogsFan

Wow, Lucy, Super projects! You are a gal after my own heart. Using unusual things for something completely different. Thanks for sharing. Keep creating!