Asked on Sep 17, 2019

Is it possible to insulate a kitchen sink?

Kelli L. MilliganLinda SikutGk

I’m planning on replacing my kitchen sink. Going from porcelain to stainless steel, my problem is my dishwater gets cool before I'm finished cleaning my kitchen, is it possible to insulate my sink when I install it to keep the water warmer longer?

• Gk

Hello Lyn! Sometimes when I am cleaning my kitchen very thoroughly I go through a couple of sinks of warm/hot soapy water before I am done! You could try stuffing some batt insulation in and around your sink under the cabinet but I am not certain it would solve your problem

• Linda Sikut

Hi Lynn,

Here's an article that says you can use spray foam to insulate. It's in the section named "Sound Control". I hope this helps you. Wishing you the best.

https://www.askthebuilder.com/stainless-steel-sink-care/

• Kelli L. Milligan

If you are replacing your sink, some of the better ones are insulated stainless. But it is very common to have to add or change water when doing a lot of dishes.