Create a Decorative Fall Buffet Tray From A Plastic Charger Plate

$6

Hi there! I love the Dollar Store. Today I want to show you how I put together three Dollar Store items with some cut vinyl lettering to create a decorative fall buffet tray.

This is so fun for a centerpiece or a buffet table and If you change out a couple of things you can re-use it for different Holiday events.

I got my charger plates at Dollar General but I have also seen them at Dollar Tree. In the store and online. I love the gray wood look to them and they caught my eye.

I used my Silhouette to create a circle of text to fit around the edge of the plate. If you don't know how to create text on a circle in the Silhouette Design studio I created a very short You Tube video you can watch.

Transfer tape was my best friend for this project but even it was a little troublesome for the large design. I should have cut half then the other half. That would have been easier. But it still came out fine.

I cut some small, fall colored circles to add between the words to give it some color. These are the parts that can be changed out for different events and holidays.

I wanted the tray to be raised up so I cut three little feet/legs from two dollar store rolling pins.

I used my favorite black spray paint on them so they would match the bottom of the tray.

But I left the top of them unpainted so they would be easier to adhere to the plate.

I placed them on a triangle and used E6000 to glue them to the bottom.

This is how it turned out! What do you think?

I love it and I can't wait to use it this season.

If you like this project you will probably like the other projects on my blog. Sign up for the email/newsletter and get access to all of my free designs in my resource library.

If you like this project please subscribe to my You Tube channel! I love to post crafty videos.

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Michelle James

• Judy

Why did you cut up a rolling pin? Wouldn’t a large dowel work just as well?

• Jeanne Martin

And the rolling pins are only one dollar at the Dollar Tree (everything is one dollar at the Dollar Tree)! Much cheaper than a really large dowel.

• Donna Milito Grazioli

Love this! Where did you get the lettering ?

• Bubbles

Cute! I wonder if you could use 3 or 4 wine corks ?