Asked on Sep 18, 2019

Can you give me tips for packing a suitcase for a 3 day trip?

BetsyHomeroadLindsay Aratari
+4

• What type of suitcase do you have? I "roll" my clothes to be more wrinkle free. I also place shoes in bags so they don't get clothes soiled. In addition, I use 1 gallon zip lock bags for undergarments and any small items you may have.

https://www.realsimple.com/work-life/travel/travel-planning/pack-suitcase

https://youtu.be/LIk8v__Osm8

https://www.smartertravel.com/how-to-pack-a-suitcase/

q how do i pack a suit case for 3 day trip
  • Ohiorn

Choose a color palate so everything goes together, like red and black. Choose things that can do double duty, like a top that can be dressed up/down. Think about what types of activities you'll be doing-business meetings, dinner parties, hiking. Have fun!

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Claudine, here is some information I hope will be helpful when you pack. Have a wonderful time. How to Pack a Bag or Suitcase Efficiently - Method 3 Making the Most of Your Bag

• Choose the right bag for your trip.
    • Pack your duffle bag from lowest to highest priority items.
    • Organize your suitcase from heaviest on the bottom to lightest on top.
    • Pack fragile items in the center of your case.
    • Bring plastic bags for dirty shoes and laundry.

How to Pack a Bag or Suitcase Efficiently (with Packing List)

www.wikihow.com/Pack-a-Bag-or-Suitcase-Efficiently

• Jan Clark

If the trip is to somewhere that provides certain essentials or you know there are stores close by - then don't bring things that are going to be there that can take up valuable space. I have sometimes mailed boxes to myself (either to my destination or home) with the extras. It all depends on where you're going and why. Three days is a short time. Without knowing the occasion, it's hard to give more specific advice.

• Lindsay Aratari

I would roll your clothes to save space and use packing cubes

• Homeroad

Hi Claudine: First of all, you don't need all of those clothes you want to take:) You need maybe 1 more pair of jeans, a couple of t-shirts, maybe a sweatshirt, another pair of socks and a couple of underthings and extra shoes. If you aren't going to eat anywhere fancy, leave the fancy stuff home. If so, don't take something huge, a nice little dress should do. Pack that in a plastic bag to reduce wrinkling. Get some of those little bottles of shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, soap and aspirin. Maybe a hair dryer and a bathing suit. Think about what you wear daily and, unless you're going into the deep woods, you can probably buy what you need. I, too, roll everything, and you can stick some stuff into your shoes:) A couple of plastic bags, zip lock type, for your shampoo, wet bathing suit, etc., would be a good idea. You should be able to get this all in 1 regular sized suitcase. Take a book, too:) Good luck and have a wonderful time!