Tracy Chambers
Tracy Chambers
  • Caldwell, ID
Asked on Sep 18, 2019

Can I clean out a donut box and use it for a shadow box?

FlipturnMelCelebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)
+2

Can I use a used donut box to make a shadow box...it already has window and clear stuff (cellophane?) Only concern is that would it cause bugs/ants?? I hate bugs

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Tracy, you can try it. Be sure and wash the box really good with soap. You may want to spray some bug spray inside and set it in the sun to dry. Be careful not to be to rough since it is mostly thick paper. Good luck.

• Jessica VanderVeen

I would give it a try. You can wipe out the crumbs, but water might make the cardboard disintegrate

• I think it would be really difficult to insure that bugs would not eventually find the way to your shadow box. A donut box is cardboard, and likely still holds the smell from the donuts.

• Mel

Go ask the store for a clean box I'm sure they would give you one if you told them what you wanted to do.

• Flipturn

The box will not withstand being washed with soapy water.

As it has been used to hold donuts, the cardboard will have already absorbed some greasy residue that will be impossible to remove.

Go with Mel's idea.