Asked on Sep 18, 2019

How can I clean my stovetop?

BetsyMorgan McBrideNuzhat Usmani
+1

• Jessica VanderVeen

If it's a glass cook top you can use a cleaner that's meant for that.

• Nuzhat Usmani

hi Shirley what I used I can tell you 2 parts backing soda 1 part coffee and 1part vinegar make a mixture and with brush spread on the stove ( I have a gas stove) leave for 30 minutes then use sponge to rub a little it works for me let me know how it worked for you !!

Hi Shirley: If you have a glass top, as long as the dirt is superficial, there is no problem cleaning a vitroceramic hob, but as soon as there are splashes of grease, sugar, tomato, sauce, it's more difficult to clean.

This homemade recipe will help you clean your vitroceramic hob, it will be like new.

You will need: baking soda, dish washing liquid and vinegar and allso a bath towel as big as the vitroceramic hob.

Start by pouring the vinegar into a spray bottle and sprinkle the entire surface of the hob.

Sprinkle baking soda on the hob.

In the sink or bucket, pour hot water and dish soap. Wear gloves and immerse the towel in very hot water.

Twist it, but not completely dry, and spread it on the ceramic hob. Wait 15-20 minutes before removing the towel.

With a soft brush, rub the surface of the hob, then wipe it. Normally, all the dirt is already gone with this method. If your hob is really dirty, you may have to start again.

Finally, spray white vinegar on the vitroceramic hob and wipe it with a microfiber cloth: the plate will be completely clean!

If it's not, you may be able to use Dawn, or if it's really gunky, use a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (the dry stuff). Make a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (use just a bit of vinegar at first as the cream of tartar sort of melts) and put it on the gunk. Maybe start out with 3 tablespoons of cream of tartar and a 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar. Add more of whatever to make a paste. It should stick to a vertical surface if it's thick enough. Let it sit for about 15 or 20 seconds and then scrape off with a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. You may have to do it a couple of times if the gunk is thick, but usually not. There is no smell and it is environmentally safe. This also works really good on pots, pans and cookie sheets with a burnt on mess. Good luck.