Can I make photo coasters?

+7
  • Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Sep 19, 2019

of course but need to use epoxy or couple coats of Mod-Podge to protect from peeling

• Cindy Cindy on Sep 19, 2019

Hi Jeanette. I'm Cindy. You need square tiles. 6 inch by 6 inch. Your choice of color. Start with cleaning them well. Then put a coat of Mod Podge on each one using a foam brush. Then lay your photos on top of the tiles. Once everything is nice and dry, apply 2 more coats of Mod Podge. waiting for them to dry in between coats. That will seal them. Jeanette, these coasters make great Christmas gifts. Good luck.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom Holly Lengner - Lost Mom on Sep 19, 2019

Hi Jeanette, yes you can and they are truly a lovely way to display photos and make great gifts. Here are some photo coater tutorials for you:

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=photo%20coasters

• Cindy Cindy on Sep 20, 2019

Hi Jeanette. It's Cindy again. I'm sure you might be able to see the ones that you're looking for here in Home Talk archives. Click on the small blue house at the top of this page, left-hand corner. There's a search bar there if you need it. Also, check out "Explore Projects" for even more. I'm sure you'll find a resin project there. Hope this helps. Good luck Jeanette.