How to Plant a Lasagna Bulb Pot

$50

Lasagna bulb pots are fantastically easy to do and provide weeks and weeks of fabulous spring flowers.

Start with a deep pot and make sure that it will withstand the winter weather. A terracotta pot should be raised up on feet to protect it.

Ensure your pot has drainage holes and that they are not blocked. I suggest placing broken plant pot or polystyrene over the hole.

Add a thick layer of compost (approximately 4 inches). Then lay out your tulips, making sure they are the correct way up (pointy end up).

Add another layer of compost (approximately 3 inches) and then lay out your daffodils how you would like them. Again, make sure they are the correct way up.

Add another layer of compost and then lay out your crocus bulbs.

Add another layer of compost to complete the pot. You can cover the top of the pot with a thin layer of grit and/or plant it up with some fall/winter plants for immediate interest.

Well done, you have finished your pot. Keep it outside but not in too exposed a location and in spring you should be rewarded with a fabulous long lasting display of spring flowers.

If you need any further guidance visit my blog post at https://christines-crafts.com/plant-a-lasagna-bulb-pot-for-fantastic-spring-colour/

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Christine | Christines-crafts

• Barbara Morgan

I wanted to print this. For one thing I wanted to show it to my sister in law at lunch tomorrow. Also, I thought it would be good to put away and try it when I have time.... lol. But I tried and it would not print anything but the first page! What happened? Is that some crazy thing?

• Kathy A

I will copy, then paste it to a Word pad document, add pix if necessary, then print it. I can tailor it to my needs, cut out extraneous stuff and pix as needed.

• I live in Saskatchewan where temperatures can drop to -40. You didn't mention any temperature restrictions. My pots will survive, but exposed or not, would the bulbs survive a winter that cold?

• Ellen

I found this good explanation on the web..I would err on side of caution and store them in your garage of basement (as you likely have one?)

Bulbs are designed by nature to withstand cold winter temperatures. Indeed they rely on winter's cold to trigger the biochemical process necessary to bring the bulb to flower in spring. ... At these just-below-freezingtemperatures, water in the cells of the bulbmay freeze but the cells will not be harmed.

ADR Bulbs › page › Seasonal-Care

Seasonal Care For Flower Bulbs - ADR Bulbs

• Mary DeRose Petrino

I’ve passed the age to garden. Had to leave mine behind at old house. This will really help! The first flowers of spring raise my spirits... something to look forward to 🌸🌷🌺!

• I fully agree about spring flowers. I think they are the most important of the year because they signal a change in the weather and are a promise of what is to come!

• Terri Applegate Johnson

Great idea!