How to Do a Live Edge Island

$400

I had a client that added on to her island and their current granite top wasn’t big enough to provide any overhang for a seating area. I took care of that with a beautiful chunk of wood that was about 12” wider than the granite.

how to do a live edge island

First, I went to the client’s home and checked out the situation. Not good😝 which she was well aware of. I got all the measurements I needed to cut the length and width of the slab but waited until the new stove was in before cutting that out.

how to do a live edge island

I taped the cut line to help prevent any blow out and put a few more strips down where the saw would could possibly scratch the surface...since this slab was already finished.

how to do a live edge island

On site, I pulled out the stove, marked the island out with tape and measured to center the new stove.

how to do a live edge island

I reused the screws that were already in the island to hold the granite in place. Quick and easy way to change up an island and add as much overhang as you’d like 🙌🏼⚒🥃

To see more: //www.sawdustandwhiskey.com

• Eva

Where would you ever get a piece of real wood that wide?

• Sawdust & Whiskey

I have a few slabs!! My buddy has a kiln so I try to buy the wide slabs for tables and islands!

• Kelly J. Tinney

Is one side straight and the other is curved?

• Barbara

I live in a log cabin, so definitely love this!!! Would look so lovely in my kitchen. Question -- what is approximate cost to get a slab of wood this size? Is it cheaper than getting granite? Thanks -- and just have to say, you did a completely AWESOME job!!! :)

• Sawdust & Whiskey

Thank you and just depends on size!! If you want to send me a message on FB or IG at Sawdust & Whiskey with the size, I can quote one for you🙌🏼🙌🏼