Ripping carpet off the stairs

One of my favorite projects to date, ripping off old carpet, adding molding and painting my old stairs and adding a runner. I'm working on a 1979 house renovation now with stairs just like these and I've got some fun plans for them too. This time, I'm going to add pine stair treads and will paint them and add a pretty runner. Stay tuned for that one! In the meantime, this might give you some ideas if you have carpet you hate! I detest carpet on stairs.
For all the details, see this post on my blog: http://southernhospitalityblog.com/the-down-dirty-on-the-stair-project/
Before
During
Painted stairs
Painted stairs with runner

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Everything Red For Canada Day
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Rhoda V

• Nicholas Post

I did the same thing when my wife and I purchased a house back in 2008. The stairways lead to our upstairs renovated master bedroom and two post-attic studios. After we removed the dirty and dusty carpet off the stairways steps, there lies plain thick plywood, no thresholds. Fortunately, I have a friend, a custom furniture designer; we went out buying raw over-sized redwood planks. We cut, sanded, edge-routed, re-sanded and stained 3 inches thick 17 steps. They were cut to specific width. Though it was time labored but we saved a lot of money. For example, if you buy standard 3 feet wide steps from Home Depot,any lumber shop, you would end up cutting off its ends by at least half a foot,more or less, to fit wall to wall of the stairways, you end up throwing money out the window. 4 years later, they still look great and feel great!

• Charlotte Belange

Way to go girl it looks real nice