Asked on Sep 19, 2019

How do I clean dust from a tower fan?

BetsyEverything PrettyDesertRose
+1

My floor tower fan does not open. But it will pull in dust. Short of buying a vacuum (my entire house is tiled), how else can I remove accumulated dust from the inside through the plastic slats?

• Kelli L. Milligan

Can you use a blower on it. Like a hair dryer or more extreme a leaf blower?.

• DesertRose

Have you tried a Swiffer duster? It really simplified areas I need to dust and they come with long handles or short ones. I use the long ones all the time to reach ceiling corners, everything as well as hard to dust small areas like a fan or vent.

• Everything Pretty

Can you reach it with a Q tip? Or may wrap a butter knife in a microfiber cloth and use that to clean it.

Hi GCS: Well, someone had to put it together, so it has to come apart:) There should be screws somewhere. or it just might snap together and apart. You might be able to look it up on the web and get information on how to clean it. Barring that, maybe a paint stir stick and a paper towel that has been sprayed with window cleaner and when that dries, do it again with a clean paper towel sprayed with wax. Good luck