10 Easy Ways to Transition Into Fall

Today I’m sharing 10 ways to transition into Fall easily. I don’t know about you but I’m not quite ready for Orange Pumpkins just yet. I still have light blue touches and summer shells. In the blogging world we need to be ahead of the game so I really thought about how I can add some neutral fall touches and worked on my Living Room yesterday and will share that soon.
home decor fall transition inspiration, crafts, fireplaces mantels, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
Here are some easy ways to add some fall touches but in light and neutral ways.
1. Sweater Pumpkins made from neutral, tan and cream Sweaters - Tutorial is on the blog. Last year I picked up two sweaters at thrift stores and with a little stuffing and a few hand stitches these darling pumpkins came to life.
2. Add white or light pumpkins to your coastal elements. I love how she carved a starfish into her pumpkin here at Sand & Sisal (link on blog). I took some of my orange pumpkins last year and painted them creamy white too. This gave them a nice update.
3. Make a Dryer Vent Pumpkin and Paint it Cream like Diamond in the Stuff did here. (link on blog). This is that silver dryer vent and you can see on her tutorial where she painted some white and orange. Super cute.
4. Look for white (or get orange to paint) Pumpkins in thrift stores as you can find them for a couple dollars like I did here on one of my Tuesday Treasure Hunt (on the blog).
5. Add green elements like these Pears and White Pumpkins in the Hutch of Craftberry Bush did here. (link in blog). Love this POP of color she added and have a hutch too so I may have to add pops of green or PINK???? huh.
6. Add a little gold or BLING to your pumpkins like Cute & Company did here (link on blog). How fun is that and you can do it in Gold or Silver. I love me some bling.
7. Use elements in your home like Gold Mirrors, Candlesticks, Jewelry and Frames like Domestic Fashionista did here. (link in blog). There are things you already have that you can use. Shop your house, you’d be surprised what you can come up with. I create a vignette and then I got sit in my living room chair and look at it with new eyes. If I don’t like it I change it again.
8. Add Letters and plates with your favorite sayings like Thistlewood Farms did here (link on blog). You can make something that says Fall, Happy Fall, Happy Fall Y’all instead of Thanksgiving. You can find white plates at thrift stores, yard sales and the Dollar Store and add letters that are vinyl or paint.
9. Add Neutral touches to your Front Porch like these white pumpkins, burlap, crates and pallet sign from Designing and Diapers (link on blog). I LOVE this neutral porch and it’s the total opposite of my bright and whimsical Fall Front Porch I did last year.
10. Gather those pinecones because here are many ways to decorate with Pinecones too. You can put them on your mantel, paint white tips, put them in a vase or jar or add them to a wreath like I did on our Snowy Pinecone Wreath here.
So there are so many great ways you can make that transition from summer into fall and in a few weeks or in October you can add more of the richer fall colors like the oranges, rusts, burnt oranges, olives and browns if you like.
Let me know if you have any things you do to make fall special in your home.
Decor.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa

ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll