Elegant Foam Pumpkin Makeover Just In Time For Fall

$30

I bought these pumpkins from Wal-Mart with intentions to stencil, add molds, transfers, something to spruce them up and make them unique, I just wasn't sure what exactly I was going to do. That was until I finished my last project, an elegant blue cabinet (picture below, and you can find it in my previous hometalk tutorial). I had scraps of blue floral transfer leftover and really wanted to use them! I also had a gilded distressed wall transfer that I was itching to use. And a plan was now in place!

Start off by painting the pumpkins. I used all Frenchic Furniture Paint and Redesign with Prima transfers for these.

The larger pumpkin was painted in 2 coats of Hornblower, and the two smaller pumpkins were painted in Ivory Tower, 3 coats for this one.

Allow them to dry for at least 2 hours before moving on.

Gather your transfers.

I used Redesign with Prima's French Ceramics II and Gilded Distressed Wall transfers.

Let's start with the Distressed Wall on the larger pumpkin.

Since these pumpkins are round with lots of curves, I needed to cut the transfer into strips.

The distressed wall transfer is very random, so it's perfect for the first try if it doesn't go on perfect.

I applied each strip, wrapping it around the curve.

The gold transfers come with a plastic coin like object that you use to press the transfer down onto the surface. You can use this, and your fingers. Whichever is easier for you. Just be sure to press firmly around the entire strip, adhering it to the pumpkin. Once you have it adhered, slowly lift the paper backing. If some did not transfer, lay it back down and press again until it does.

Once you have completed the entire pumpkin, run your fingers all over, ensuring every corner is pressed down.

Now move onto the smaller pumpkins.

These will be a bit harder since the French Ceramics II transfer is a pattern, but still follow the same process, just ensuring that the strips line up correctly.

And that's it! You have unique pumpkins that have an elegant feel ❤️

You can use any transfers you'd like, they will all follow the same directions.

You will also have plenty of paint and transfer pieces leftover for even more projects!

They are the perfect compliment to the cabinet I refinished.

You can find all of the products used in my Etsy shop, links to products below.

You can me on Facebook and Instagram as well ❤️

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes

To see more: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeerRunRevamps

• Fran W.

Do you have to seal it after the application?

• Deer Run Revamps

With the pumpkins, no, I don't. I only do when I use transfers on a piece that will get some use