How to Hang on Brick

$10

Hi, I'm Amber Oliver! I hope if you enjoy this project you'll also stop by my blog!

I bought some new metal planters for my patio but needed to mount them in brick. Not nearly as easy as in drywall but with the right tools you can do it quickly and easily! HERE'S THE KIT WITH HEAVY DUTY ANCHORS I USED FOR THIS PROJECT!

Your first step is to measure and mark where you'd like to make the holes.

Now using a drill bit designed for brick, drill a hole into the brick. This will take a bit longer than it would with drywall or wood, but move slowly and let the bit do the work.

Next, insert an anchor. This is your secret weapon and the only way this will work!

Use a hammer to get the anchor in.

Now you can insert your screw!

Here are the 2 holes

here are the 2 holes with the anchors

Here are the 2 holes with the anchors and the screws!

HERE'S THE KIT WITH HEAVY DUTY ANCHORS I USED FOR THIS PROJECT!

After the screws are added, you can easily hang whatever you need on the brick! I put up my little planters after a gave them a quick coat of spray paint and planted some pretty little blooms in them. Don't they look good next to my yellow back door!? I love how cheerful it looks by my backdoor now!

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Amber Oliver

• Deondra Carter
    Deondra Carter

What can i use to remove paint off the wall that has lead in it

• Dfm
      Dfm

you don 't, you seal over it. have you tested for the lead?

• Kgaletin
    Kgaletin

I think you screwed into the mortar and NOT into the brick.

• Diane
    Diane

Anyone know what tape will stay stuck to brick?? I tried gorilla tape so it don’t work neither does duct... it just eventually won’t stick...

• Nancy
      Nancy

Yes! Alien Tape (new product) absolutely will.

• Rit29752842
    Rit29752842

Yes, wish I knew this skill years ago when I had a brick house. Can this also be done on hardiplank siding?

• Mary Russell
    Mary Russell

Drilling masonry products aren't that hard if you use the right tools.Use the 'hammer'setting on drills with that feature(if your drill doesn't have this feature,relative inexpencive ones are available anywhere tools are sold).Use the proper size drill for the masonry screw (often comes with screws) for the job you are doing.Just remember to be careful when tightening,because if overtightened too much screw will pull threads from the masonry you are working on.