Connie Gogol
Connie Gogol
  • Cleveland, OH
Asked on Sep 21, 2019

How to clean pet urine off a wood floor?

ArielBetsyCheryl A
+1

• Thrifted Nest

I'd use an enzyme cleaner like natures miracle. Its the only thing that gets the lingering odor out for me!

Hi Connie: Those pets! Sometimes they get so excited tears run down their legs! I have used a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now, and some Walmarts carry it. You can get it online. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. Also, Odormute will clean the spot. I have used it for years and have not been disappointed. Even on cat pee stains that were over 16 years old under a carpet, through the padding, in a corner and onto the wooden floor. Never knew the cats were using that area:( AC takes care of a lot of smells. Also cleaned and whitened my son's baseball pants. The cats peed on them and I found out a year later (they were in a box ) and the pants came out white and stink free. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck with whatever you use.