Woodland Candles

$5

Earlier in the year we had an unexpected snowfall and some trees in my neighbours garden were badly damaged. She chopped down some branches and gave them to me, knowing how much I love to re-home things. This is what I decided to do with them!

These candles are so cute and easy to make and because my brother is getting married next year, I thought I’d create some woodland candles for his ‘rustic’ themed wedding.

Here’s the materials I used and my how-to guide to achieving these gorgeous little cuties

• Drill
  • Drill-bit (a least 1mm wider than your candles)
  • Twine
  • Lace ribbon
  • Saw
  • Tea-light candles
  • Wood/logs

Saw your wood/log into small chunks, approx 2 inches long.

Drill a hole into the middle of each chunk of wood at least as deep as your candles are tall.

Chop strips of lace ribbon from your spool approx the circumference of your wood chunks. Round off the edges of the ribbon for a delicate, neat finish and wrap around the outside of your wood pieces.

Tie in place with a twine bow and snip the ends to length.

Finally, plop your tea-light into the drilled hole a admire your cute af candle!

Each of my brother’s centerpieces will include a candle along with some other beautiful bits ‘n’ bobs. I can’t wait to see them sitting there all proud of themselves with their new lease of life.

I hope you’ll want to have a go and make your own woodland candles too, and though I hope no more trees are harmed, at least they can be re-homed if the worst happens!

Happy crafting!

https://www.instagram.com/hannah_somerville88/