How To Make Pretty DIY Floral Pumpkins

6 materials
$25

Looking for some easy and unique DIY floral pumpkins?I wanted to create something unique and pretty to use in my fall decor, and something that I hadn’t seen before. I’d say these pretties are just that, and they turned out even better than expected (which rarely happens).

Best part: They only took me 30 minutes. I love projects like that. Anyone else?

Here’s the quick tutorial.

Gather your supplies. I got everything at Michael's, and had a great coupon for 25% off my whole order, which helped a lot.

Supplies:

• 9″ faux pumpkin (flat, cream, medium) (spray painted navy)
  • 9″ faux pumpkin (black, medium)
  • Navy spray paint (I chose to spray paint my black pumpkin navy)
  • Faux hydrangea and pinecode bouquet
  • Faux Queen Anne’s Lace bouquet
  • Hot glue gun
  • Drill and bit
  • Wire cutters

I plugged in my hot glue gun, and used my wire cutters to trim down the different florals into small pieces.

I started at the stem and hot glued a leaf on to get started. Note: I swapped out a few smaller leaves for the one large one halfway through the project in case you are wondering. :)

Next, I simply glued on more pieces of floral to my liking. The pink flower was a little.

I love that this bouquet came with a succulent and these cute prickly green pieces.

I continued to hot glue more pieces on in a sweeping line pattern.

I wanted to add the succulent on the side, and since it’s a heavier piece, I decided to drill a hole for the stem to go into.

I simply found a bit that was similar to the diameter of the stem and drilled through the pumpkin. This really helps support the weight.

I stuck the succulent stem into the hole and glued on more floral until it felt done to me.

That’s it, easy right? I just love how it turned out, and love the look of it on this copper candle stick.

I repeated the same steps using my navy pumpkin and Queen Anne’s Lace bouquet. I love the bold colors in this one.

These DIY floral pumpkins make the prettiest fall table centerpiece, but I think they’s also work super well for a fall wedding.

Here are views from the top…

I hope I’ve inspired some of you to make these DIY floral pumpkins for yourself!

Audrey Kuether

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 46 comments
Next