How To Make Pretty DIY Floral Pumpkins

$25

Looking for some easy and unique DIY floral pumpkins?I wanted to create something unique and pretty to use in my fall decor, and something that I hadn’t seen before. I’d say these pretties are just that, and they turned out even better than expected (which rarely happens).

Best part: They only took me 30 minutes. I love projects like that. Anyone else?

Here’s the quick tutorial.

Gather your supplies. I got everything at Michael's, and had a great coupon for 25% off my whole order, which helped a lot.

Supplies:

• 9″ faux pumpkin (flat, cream, medium) (spray painted navy)
  • 9″ faux pumpkin (black, medium)
  • Navy spray paint (I chose to spray paint my black pumpkin navy)
  • Faux hydrangea and pinecode bouquet
  • Faux Queen Anne’s Lace bouquet
  • Hot glue gun
  • Drill and bit
  • Wire cutters

I plugged in my hot glue gun, and used my wire cutters to trim down the different florals into small pieces.

I started at the stem and hot glued a leaf on to get started. Note: I swapped out a few smaller leaves for the one large one halfway through the project in case you are wondering. :)

Next, I simply glued on more pieces of floral to my liking. The pink flower was a little.

I love that this bouquet came with a succulent and these cute prickly green pieces.

I continued to hot glue more pieces on in a sweeping line pattern.

I wanted to add the succulent on the side, and since it’s a heavier piece, I decided to drill a hole for the stem to go into.

I simply found a bit that was similar to the diameter of the stem and drilled through the pumpkin. This really helps support the weight.

I stuck the succulent stem into the hole and glued on more floral until it felt done to me.

That’s it, easy right? I just love how it turned out, and love the look of it on this copper candle stick.

I repeated the same steps using my navy pumpkin and Queen Anne’s Lace bouquet. I love the bold colors in this one.

These DIY floral pumpkins make the prettiest fall table centerpiece, but I think they’s also work super well for a fall wedding.

Here are views from the top…

I hope I’ve inspired some of you to make these DIY floral pumpkins for yourself!

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Audrey Kuether

• Bonnie

What should I use on material to make it GLow?

• Susie

Why so much faux? Did you know you can do the same thing with a real pumpkin? They spray paint beautifully, or brush-on acrylic designs work well, too. I had a painted real pumpkin that lasted until Feb!!

• Bek

I'm with Audrey. Due to budget constraints, I NEED decor that lasts for years. However, there's room for both, and it doesn't need to be a contest of which is best. BOTH are "best" for their individual qualities.