Helen
Helen
  • Tutorial Team
  • Bel Air, MD

From Chair To Stool! 😱

$5

I picked up a free chair 4th pic down on Facebook Marketplace. I got my idea from Pinterest. Love that site...♥️

from chair to stool

Finished result.

from chair to stool

Top view of seat!

from chair to stool

Finished look!

Original chair
Original chair

First step was to clean chair. My son cut the back off and drilled the existing holes to remove center wood to accommodate twine. He also drilled 2 more holes for handles. I sanded seat and legs.

from chair to stool

Supplies pictured here.

To achieve the look of seat, I diluted Kilz Toasted Poppyseed chalk paint and using a cloth wiped on seat. ( I wanted a stained look)

I dry brushed using toasted poppyseed mixed with white. I finally added folk art cathedral door (not pictured)

I then used white chalk paint on legs one coat. I sanded to achieve a weathered, chippy look.

from chair to stool

I measured Thick rope to fit inside washer and into the seat. (Rope and washer purchased at Lowe’s) I used E6000 to glue underneath since this rope is to stiff to knot. Use your discretion on handle size. I then wove smaller rope(purchased at Dollar Tree)into holes in back of seat. I knotted underneath to secure. I absolutely love this idea giving new life to an old chair.