From Chair To Stool! 😱

$5

I picked up a free chair 4th pic down on Facebook Marketplace. I got my idea from Pinterest. Love that site...♥️

Finished result.

Top view of seat!

Finished look!

Original chair

First step was to clean chair. My son cut the back off and drilled the existing holes to remove center wood to accommodate twine. He also drilled 2 more holes for handles. I sanded seat and legs.

Supplies pictured here.

To achieve the look of seat, I diluted Kilz Toasted Poppyseed chalk paint and using a cloth wiped on seat. ( I wanted a stained look)

I dry brushed using toasted poppyseed mixed with white. I finally added folk art cathedral door (not pictured)

I then used white chalk paint on legs one coat. I sanded to achieve a weathered, chippy look.

I measured Thick rope to fit inside washer and into the seat. (Rope and washer purchased at Lowe’s) I used E6000 to glue underneath since this rope is to stiff to knot. Use your discretion on handle size. I then wove smaller rope(purchased at Dollar Tree)into holes in back of seat. I knotted underneath to secure. I absolutely love this idea giving new life to an old chair.

3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Everything Red For Canada Day

• Kris

Great idea! Love thinking outside the box!

• Helen

I found this idea on Pinterest. I love it.