Easy Way to Upgrade Your Kitchen in Minutes (& It's Renter-friendly!)

$20

I've done a lot of DIY projects in my rental kitchen to make it feel like home and more functional and the under cabinet lighting I had installed just wasn't bright enough. So I recently upgraded it with these amazingly bright LED lights that come with motion sensor switch!

This is before having the lights

I got these LED lights on Amazon and I love that they are very thin so you hardly see them when they are installed and they also come with a motion sensor switch so you can turn them on/off with a wave of the hand.

You can install the lights with screws or with the double sided pads that come with it. I chose to use the pads and to make them more renter-friendly and easier to remove later, I used removable double-sided tape on the side that will be attached to the underside of the cabinet.

I spaced out the lights evenly to cover the entire area of the counter top.

And then it was just a matter of sticking the lights to the pads.

I used cable staples to secure the wires - they are really inexpensive and only make very small holes. I used more double sided tape to secure the sensor and then plugged the power cord into the outlet.

And this is after! So much better and I love that these LED lights only took a few minutes to do AND renter-friendly!

This video has the installation of the lights and other DIY projects I did, including a pull out drawer that has a special feature to make them renter-friendly.

• LED lights  (Amazon)
  • Double-sided tape  (Amazon)
Engineer Your Space

• Pat

Could you tell me exactly which lights you used? I can’t seem to find which ones look like yours on Amazon- thanks! Pat D

• RJ Baetig

your Link doesn’t work to ship internationally. Is there anyone else you can recommend. I could check ikea out. We have one, 45 mins away!!

• Judith Benavente

you Are a genius, I’ll do all u did, yes I can!! Thank u genius!!!

• Elliek19

Do these lights tend to heat up quickly? I have older LED lights under the cabinets that get hot quickly so I don't use them often.

• Phyllis

LEDs should not get hot like that. I think yours need to be replaced just to be safe.

• Joan

Yes, my favorite is the under counter LED lights. Then the bracket to hold the trash can. I will try to install them both. I would love to acquire your website.

• Amanda Estrada

Odors in house