A
A
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Vineland, NJ

Fence Post Frankie

$5

Just in time for October decorating! This little guy was first spotted in an antique shop. I'm not sure why because he wasn't old...but he was cute just the same. I couldn't spend the money at the time so I took a picture instead. Fast forward two years and I finally got around to making him.

The two main components for this project are a piece of fence post cut down to 8" lengths and a base.

This should give you an idea of the post shape. Its approximately 4"x3".

After lightly sanding the post section, I applied 2 coats of green acrylic paint. Any type of paint will do, I just used what I had on hand.

For that matter, it doesn't have to be green...you choose.

Once the green was thoroughly dry, I used a sharpie to draw the hairline.

With black paint, I filled in the hair. Be sure to give is at least 2 coats.

Next, I sketched in the face with the marker. No need to be perfect...these are simple lines.

Using a white marker, I first filled in the eye whites. I then took a thick, permanent, black marker and went over all his features.

On the bottom of the base, I carefully marked out where the 2 screws would be placed.

First I drilled holes through the marks. These were just a hair smaller than my screws.

Next, with a paddle bit, I routed out insets for the screws so the base could lay flat.

I lightly stained the base in a gray tone.

Once dry, I screwed the base to the post, carefully centering it. I then hot glued some moss around the bottom for a finishing touch.

Now Frankie is ready to welcome my friends on Halloween!

• Jan. Cline

as it’s 1eeek to Halloween I best get busy....... love your project.........

• A

You must mean "boo-sy"! Oh, wait...that's not right.