DIY Apple Spice Wreath

$28

Create an affordable copycat Apple Spice Wreath using items from the craft store to welcome fall.

Happy Fall!

I’m welcoming my favorite season with an Apple Spice Wreath!

The inspiration for this wreath came from my September catalog from Balsam Hill.

I fell in love with this Apple Spice Wreath as soon as I saw it, but not the $199 price tag.

To create my version of this wreath, I started with two wreaths I already had; a 24-inch grapevine wreath and a leaf wreath that I disassembled, originally part of a Happy Haunting on my Potting Shed door.

Note: If you don’t have a leaf wreath you can achieve the same look by adding fall leaf stems or leaf garland from the craft store to a grapevine wreath.

Additional materials used to create this Apple Spice Wreath:

🍎 Chenille Stems (already had, leftover from my Blooming Spring Wreath)

🍎 Apples, large and small (large apples found on Amazon, small apples at Hobby Lobby)

🍎 Dried Limelight Hydrangeas, from garden –> see my PSA, Plant a Limelight Hydrangea or Five

🍎 Craft Cinnamon Sticks (Hobby Lobby)

🍎 Craft Fall Leaves (Hobby Lobby)

🍎 Fall Floral Mum Bush (Hobby Lobby)

🍎 Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks

I fastened the two wreaths together, securing them using chenille stems. . .

Next, I pulled the mum blooms off the stems. The cinnamon sticks I found were 10″ long, so I broke them in half.

To begin, place your items on your wreath to see how you want them spaced, then plug in your glue gun and go to work!

Tip: When using a hot glue gun, have an emergency glass of ice water available in case you get hot glue on your fingers. . . *ouch*

If you’re using dried hydrangeas on your wreath, spritz them with some aerosol hairspray first to help keep them from shattering and the papery blooms intact.

Note: Dried hydrangeas are better suited to enjoy indoors or on a covered entryway or porch, protected from the sun and the elements, otherwise use faux hydrangeas.

Here’s the finished wreath. . .bonus, the cinnamon sticks provide an aroma of apple spice! When the fragrance from the cinnamon sticks start to fade or if you want to boost the fragrance if you’re using your wreath indoors, add a few drops of cinnamon oil to refresh the sticks, available with the candle or soap making supplies at the craft store.

Balsam Hill’s wreath is 28 inches and mine is 24 inches but instead of $200, I spent $28. All the supplies I bought at Hobby Lobby were on sale. Download their mobile app to your smart phone so you can access their weekly 40% off coupon when you shop.

More photos at the blog link below. Happy Fall!

23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is

• Judy

When you fastened the two wreathes together, was the result a larger “flat” area or, did the smaller wreath sit on top of the larger wreath, adding more height/depth to the overall wreath?

• Tam

LOVE, LOVE, L-O-V-E YOUR WREATH! I know to 'buy' this...it would be quite pricey.... However, do you remember about how much it cost in materials? Thank you kindly!

• Tam

Thank you so much...it really is a beauty!