DIY Apple Spice Wreath

$28

Create an affordable copycat Apple Spice Wreath using items from the craft store to welcome fall.

diy apple spice wreath

Happy Fall!

I’m welcoming my favorite season with an Apple Spice Wreath!

diy apple spice wreath

The inspiration for this wreath came from my September catalog from Balsam Hill.

I fell in love with this Apple Spice Wreath as soon as I saw it, but not the $199 price tag.

diy apple spice wreath

To create my version of this wreath, I started with two wreaths I already had; a 24-inch grapevine wreath and a leaf wreath that I disassembled, originally part of a Happy Haunting on my Potting Shed door.

Note: If you don’t have a leaf wreath you can achieve the same look by adding fall leaf stems or leaf garland from the craft store to a grapevine wreath.

diy apple spice wreath

Additional materials used to create this Apple Spice Wreath:

🍎 Chenille Stems (already had, leftover from my Blooming Spring Wreath)

🍎 Apples, large and small (large apples found on Amazon, small apples at Hobby Lobby)

🍎 Dried Limelight Hydrangeas, from garden –> see my PSA, Plant a Limelight Hydrangea or Five

🍎 Craft Cinnamon Sticks (Hobby Lobby)

🍎 Craft Fall Leaves (Hobby Lobby)

🍎 Fall Floral Mum Bush (Hobby Lobby)

🍎 Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks

diy apple spice wreath

I fastened the two wreaths together, securing them using chenille stems. . .

diy apple spice wreath

Next, I pulled the mum blooms off the stems. The cinnamon sticks I found were 10″ long, so I broke them in half.

To begin, place your items on your wreath to see how you want them spaced, then plug in your glue gun and go to work!

Tip: When using a hot glue gun, have an emergency glass of ice water available in case you get hot glue on your fingers. . . *ouch*

diy apple spice wreath

If you’re using dried hydrangeas on your wreath, spritz them with some aerosol hairspray first to help keep them from shattering and the papery blooms intact.

Note: Dried hydrangeas are better suited to enjoy indoors or on a covered entryway or porch, protected from the sun and the elements, otherwise use faux hydrangeas.

diy apple spice wreath

Here’s the finished wreath. . .bonus, the cinnamon sticks provide an aroma of apple spice! When the fragrance from the cinnamon sticks start to fade or if you want to boost the fragrance if you’re using your wreath indoors, add a few drops of cinnamon oil to refresh the sticks, available with the candle or soap making supplies at the craft store.

diy apple spice wreath

Balsam Hill’s wreath is 28 inches and mine is 24 inches but instead of $200, I spent $28. All the supplies I bought at Hobby Lobby were on sale. Download their mobile app to your smart phone so you can access their weekly 40% off coupon when you shop.

More photos at the blog link below. Happy Fall!

Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is

• Sharon
    Yesterday

Yours turned out more beautiful than the $200 one! It looks fuller and makes the other one look skimpy. Good job!

• Deb
    2 hours ago

Gorgous