How can I upcycle old watch crystals?

+11

I have thousands of old watch crystals from three vintage watch repair cabinets I bought. (The picture shows contents of one cabinet.) I’m looking for any ideas of what to do with them. Thanks for suggestions!

q what to do with old watch crystals
  • Put pictures in them, decorate the edges (maybe ribbon) and make Christmas ornaments out of them.

• Karen Chalmers Karen Chalmers on Sep 28, 2019

I would add to this to say add pictures & link together with braclette links for you guessed it an uplifting message bracelette...or family picture momento

• Oliva Oliva on Sep 26, 2019

Adhere them to a colored background as wall tile or invert them into grout for a small table top.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Sep 27, 2019

Chimes ; Back splash in bath or kitchen Are they glass or plastic?

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Sep 27, 2019

Hi, Make jewellery?

• Kristi Mahler Kristi Mahler on Sep 27, 2019

Oh what a fun and different thing! Clear paint/ stain and a mosaic? Colored grout and a frame for a coaster or table? Magnets? Chandelier?

post pictures when you figure it out!!

• Jennifer Thompson Jennifer Thompson on Sep 27, 2019

Put sweet pictures in them and turn into magnets for the fridge?

• Deb Deb on Sep 27, 2019

Lucky you. I would use them on furniture updating

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Sep 28, 2019

form them into shape and frame

• Patricia Patricia on Sep 29, 2019

If I may, I have at least 2 dozen Watches with broken Crystal's. I would be able to use them right away. A dozen of each size, I have some personal watches I practiced on with my set of tools, I worked at a watch battery and repair shop for about one year and such. My own doing. However i could give it a go, I could try now with extra crystal and go back to the shop for proper service. Hence, if one dont learn 1st try. Try try try again. Thank you for considering this request. Appriciate This trimendacley. They are costly to purchase each. May I offer to pay postage. Li'p

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Sep 30, 2019

You may be able to sell them to an independently owned jewelry store.

• Peggy Peggy on Sep 30, 2019

I’d get a small table (or large!) and decoupage newspaper (Sunday comics would be cool), magazines, old book pages etc., to the top. Then using a clear-drying glue, glue the crystals to the top in rows. Use resin the fill in the ‘holes’ (think penny or bottle cap counter tops). Would look really cool I think.

• CasualHomeStyle CasualHomeStyle on Sep 30, 2019

You can glue them on a bathroom window or glue them on the glass of a picture frame to create art , you can fill up the entire glass or make a design on the glass and then play with the picture to compliment the crystals to create art.

• Huntress Huntress on Oct 02, 2019

I would Glue on to old window in a pattern or overlap like fish scale design. Then put in window for sun to come through. They aren't to big are they ?