Easy Halloween Yarn Snake

$10

I am so excited to show you guys the snake I made for Halloween! I've had this yarn for a while and have been waiting for the perfect reason to use it and this snake was it! If you're a lover of fiber arts, then this is the craft for you because it's so easy, cool and the perfect reason to take down your wreath.

I used thick chenille yarn for this project but rope would work just as well. Decide how long you want your snake and cut your yarn to length. I used three pieces for the thickness of it. Tie a knot towards the end of the yarn. The knot creates the head for your snake.

Stick a piece of wire through the knot and fold the wire. I added wire all through my snake so it could bend and hold it's shape.

Cut a snake head out of felt and use your hot glue gun to glue around the knot.

I braided my chenille yarn so it was easier to work with and then tied a larks head knot around the base of the head.

Start wrapping the yarn around your snake.

Continue all the way down your snake and use hot glue to secure the yarn. When I got to the end of the snake, I used a different yarn and wrapped tighter so it came to a point.

I used hot glue to add some details, like a tongue and sequins for the eyes and the tail of the snake.

You can set your snake around the house for cool Halloween decorations or tie a piece of yarn around it and hang it on your front door.

22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Thea
    Thea

Its a girlie snake playing dress-up.

• Flipturn
      Flipturn

Ah, that explains the girlie colors and the fancy schmancy bow!

I didn't get what it had to do with a scary snake ...

• Gigi
    Gigi

So cute!!!..I know a couple of little girls who are going to beg me to make this. Thank goodness snakes don't creep me out. But rodents, that's another story..Going to be FUN..Thank you