The Easiest Pumpkin Craft Project Ever!

$5

This is my favorite pumpkin project of all time. Not only is it easy to do but this little fella has captured the hearts of many. I have actually written a whole series on this famous "Paranoid Pumpkin Man". But more on that later.

Of course things didn't start off so easily. You see I had a broken plastic bowl which I wanted to repurpose, because I never throw anything away if I can help it.

The bowl had a spot where it had melted away. There was no way to put anything liquid in there as it would drip out. So Instead, I decoupaged it.

With book pages, using mod podge. It was such an easy fix and it made a world of difference, plus you cannot see the damage.

Decoupaging items is a great way to give them a new life, like this one I've done in the past.

I then popped a real pumpkin into the bowl so we couldn't see half his face. Because he was a tad short I added this used up ribbon spool to give him a bit of height. But you can use anything at all.

And the most important step, I drew those mesmerizing eyes with their questioning look. I just used a permanent marker.

At this point I didn't draw anything else because I wanted to see how his story would unfold. But after living with him for a while I was able to draw the rest of his face. You can actually see what he looks like at the end of this story here.

Finally I plopped on this black hat.

But I couldn't decide between the black hat or this white fedora.

Which do you think fits him better?

Above you can see him surrounded by all those other pumpkins.

But why does he have that paranoid look on his face?

To find out how he got his name "The Paranoid Pumpkin Man" and what happened to him, follow along on his adventures here. You can see them all at the bottom of the link below.

F.Y.I. This here fella lived for a whole year on my table because of all the love he got from everyone!

• Plastic bowl
  • Decoupage Mod Podge  (Michaels Craft Store)
  • Book pages

Mary - The Boondocks Blog