How to Make Your Wife Happy 😃

$100

I LOVE rustic and did this barn wood wall about 10 years ago...when my house was a bachelor pad. Now I have an amazing wife and little boy who I love so much it hurts. My wife asked, “How hard would it be to take down that wall?” I laughed and said that would be the last thing I’d do. I had painted the wall black behind it and there were so many holes that I was sure it would need new drywall. Well, a few days later....

Here’s how I use to roll😂

I started by taking each board off carefully so I could use them for other projects. I build custom furniture and this stuff is gold here in Nashville.

After taking the furring strips off and filling all the holes, this is what we were left with.

After sanding the hole filler, I began covering the black with 3 coats of Kilz.

I had a huge pecan chunk I planned on using for the mantel but had to route in a channel for the tv power chord before I mounted it.

Liquid nail in globs (supposedly better hold than lines) and it was time to set the mantel!

Mantel set and I placed a left over sheet of mdf behind the tv to do a little build out...

We painted the side walls the same gray as the rest of the living room. I added a few primed trim pieces and it was time for white paint and caulking.

Before my caulking job. It was pretty bad 🙈

So much brighter😍🙌🏼 And the wife is happy😃😃

15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas

To see more: //www.sawdustandwhiskey.com

• Miss Daisy
    Miss Daisy

The first wall had character . Are you happy ?

• Andrea
      Andrea

it does look nicer and makes the room light.

• Karen Morin
    Karen Morin

Love the change. The rustic wall is perfect for a mountain cabin or a man cave. You saved the wood, yes? I really like it, too.

• June
      June

I like the cute little boy! Congratulations!