How to Make Your Wife Happy 😃

$100

I LOVE rustic and did this barn wood wall about 10 years ago...when my house was a bachelor pad. Now I have an amazing wife and little boy who I love so much it hurts. My wife asked, “How hard would it be to take down that wall?” I laughed and said that would be the last thing I’d do. I had painted the wall black behind it and there were so many holes that I was sure it would need new drywall. Well, a few days later....

Here’s how I use to roll😂

I started by taking each board off carefully so I could use them for other projects. I build custom furniture and this stuff is gold here in Nashville.

After taking the furring strips off and filling all the holes, this is what we were left with.

After sanding the hole filler, I began covering the black with 3 coats of Kilz.

I had a huge pecan chunk I planned on using for the mantel but had to route in a channel for the tv power chord before I mounted it.

Liquid nail in globs (supposedly better hold than lines) and it was time to set the mantel!

Mantel set and I placed a left over sheet of mdf behind the tv to do a little build out...

We painted the side walls the same gray as the rest of the living room. I added a few primed trim pieces and it was time for white paint and caulking.

Before my caulking job. It was pretty bad 🙈

So much brighter😍🙌🏼 And the wife is happy😃😃

To see more: //www.sawdustandwhiskey.com

• Miss Daisy

The first wall had character . Are you happy ?

• Barbars

Love wood walls but.....this looks much nicer and brighter. See Mother does know best.

• Karen Morin

Love the change. The rustic wall is perfect for a mountain cabin or a man cave. You saved the wood, yes? I really like it, too.

• June

I like the cute little boy! Congratulations!

• Cindy

I admire you for making making your wife happy, but I definitely prefer the rustic wood. Even in a contemporary home, this has a place. Kudos to you for being a team player AND for keeping that wood!

• Pamela

I love the new brighter look! Adding accents of the rustic look gives the room character!!