How To Make Faux Concrete Pumpkins For Fall With Dollar Store Supplies

$4

Make these easy DIY faux concrete pumpkins, perfect for your fall decor, using dollar store supplies. You can add fall leaves or flowers, or leave them as is.

I’ve been wanting to try a concrete project for the past year, but I really didn’t want to deal with the mess. I’m sure I will try it at some point, but I found a much easier way to get the look of faux concrete without the mess!

It’s still fairly early in the fall season, so I wasn’t able to find the larger foam Dollar Store pumpkins, but these smaller pumpkins actually worked well. I will say the metallic pumpkin didn’t hold the paint as well, so I would recommend using the plain pumpkins instead. Here is what they looked like before:

Here is what you need to make these fun faux concrete pumpkins:SUPPLIES

STEP 1.

Paint the pumpkins in white paint. You will need to paint 2-3 coats. You can use a blow dryer to speed up the drying process.

STEP 2.

Add black paint to the ridges of the pumpkin.

STEP 3.

While the black paint is still wet, paint the entire pumpkin with the gray chalk paint, blending the black paint as you go.

STEP 4.

Blend spackle all over the pumpkin, especially in the grooves. Continue blending the spackle until you are happy with the affect.

STEP 5.

Remove the plastic stem of the pumpkin and attach a small stick. The pumpkin is foam, so you can just push it into the pumpkin. 

Enjoy your beautiful pumpkins! Visit my blog for more easy craft ideas https://ourcraftymom.com/

Our Crafty Mom

• Sandra Allen

I just used some of these in a centerpiece that I didn't glue down. Now I have a reason to "FanciFy" them up!! Thanks!!

• MissEm

I'm wondering if you can get the same effect by adding plaster of Paris to the paint til its a consistency of spackle and cut out the the last step... I do it with wood all the time. I don't have any spackle left, lol, from doing a fake ice cream project, so I'm going to give the plaster of Paris a try... I have a few pumpkins from DT left from a different project and love the cement look, but am an apartment dweller so it's hard to do cement (and spray paint, lol) projects without it becoming a big deal! Thanks so much for this, I'll let u know how I do!