Wall Pantry Storage Solution

$40

The kitchen in our new home has very little cabinet space . The one larger double cabinet is too high for me to reach anything that isn't up front on the bottom shelf ! I needed a way to be able to store and access my dry goods . I decided to use some empty wall space to put in a wall pantry.

Empty wall space

I marked the wall with tape to mark where I wanted to put my shelves . I knew that I wanted a little more space between the bottoms shelves to allow room for taller containers .

I had 3 pallet wood boards I searched for some wider boards , but couldn't find what I needed, so I aged some pine boards . See my tutorial " Quick & easy way to make a distressed wood board "

2 boards ...one aged , one not

I decided to use plumbing pipe to support my shelves . For each shelf you will need :

2 flanges , 2 pieces of pipe around the width of your board , and 2 caps .

I used black plumbing pipe

Time to put up the shelves ! Having 2 people work on this project makes it easier , but it is not necessary !!!

Screw in the first flange , making sure you are screwing it into the wall stud !!! Then attach the pipe and cap . Next , attach the pipe to the 2nd flange and hold it where you think it should go ( remember to keep it over the stud ) lay a yard stick with a level on it to find exactly where the other flange should go , to make the shelf level . Don't just measure from the floor !!! Floors are not always level !!!

Once you've found the spot , Mark it , remove the pipe and screw it in place . Then put the pipe and cap back on and lay down your board .

Repeat until you have all your shelves up .

Close up of the pantry

I am very happy with my wall pantry ! Now I have all my dry goods within reach and room in my cabinets for less used items

Full view

This project doesn't have to look rustic , you can use silver or copper pipes , or spray paint the pipes any color . You can use painted wood boards or metal or glass shelves .

The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home

• Rgo13838060
    Rgo13838060

How are the shelves attached to the pipes?

• Richard
      Richard

If necessary attach pipe strap to the underside wrapped around to pipe.

• Paula P
    Paula P

Where did you get the cute little mice?

• Pamela
      Pamela

Thanks ! It is only 34 inches wide ! My laundry room will be another project 😊 I have an antique copper light fixture in there and would like to replace my flimsy thin wood shelves with the same type of shelving I used for my pantry. But ... I want to use copper pipes , if they are too expensive , I will use spray paint to turn gray or black pipes copper , then dry brush white on heavier wood boards ...always another project ( or two , or more , lol ) on the horizon ...

• Carol f engler
    Carol f engler

I did this idea for a hall closet. worked nicely for several cubby holes to hold glove, scarves and hats. Am planning another hall closet in a different area. easy and clean looking. but your correct to assume that not all floors are level. nice job.

• Veronica Jones
    Veronica Jones

That looks so good!