Wall Pantry Storage Solution

$40

The kitchen in our new home has very little cabinet space . The one larger double cabinet is too high for me to reach anything that isn't up front on the bottom shelf ! I needed a way to be able to store and access my dry goods . I decided to use some empty wall space to put in a wall pantry.

Empty wall space
Empty wall space

I marked the wall with tape to mark where I wanted to put my shelves . I knew that I wanted a little more space between the bottoms shelves to allow room for taller containers .

wall pantry storage solution

I had 3 pallet wood boards I searched for some wider boards , but couldn't find what I needed, so I aged some pine boards . See my tutorial " Quick & easy way to make a distressed wood board "

2 boards ...one aged , one not
2 boards ...one aged , one not

I decided to use plumbing pipe to support my shelves . For each shelf you will need :

2 flanges , 2 pieces of pipe around the width of your board , and 2 caps .

I used black plumbing pipe
I used black plumbing pipe

Time to put up the shelves ! Having 2 people work on this project makes it easier , but it is not necessary !!!

Screw in the first flange , making sure you are screwing it into the wall stud !!! Then attach the pipe and cap . Next , attach the pipe to the 2nd flange and hold it where you think it should go ( remember to keep it over the stud ) lay a yard stick with a level on it to find exactly where the other flange should go , to make the shelf level . Don't just measure from the floor !!! Floors are not always level !!!

Once you've found the spot , Mark it , remove the pipe and screw it in place . Then put the pipe and cap back on and lay down your board .

wall pantry storage solution

Repeat until you have all your shelves up .

Close up of the pantry
Close up of the pantry

I am very happy with my wall pantry ! Now I have all my dry goods within reach and room in my cabinets for less used items

Full view
Full view

This project doesn't have to look rustic , you can use silver or copper pipes , or spray paint the pipes any color . You can use painted wood boards or metal or glass shelves .

• Rgo13838060

How are the shelves attached to the pipes?

• Pamela

Here is a picture of the pipe holders I bought & spray painted , but didn't need to use . But I was prepared, lol !!! 🤣