How to Make the Cutest Gnome-DIY

$3

Well the time has come! Let’s make a Gnome! Don’t you love them ? I have this project for sooooo long on my TO DO list but every time I tried to make one something wasn’t working with a gnome hat. ( so I thought) Today I will just simply go for it! To make things more interesting I am going to attempt to make one with Dollar Tree merchandise!

Things you need to make a Gnome

• mop … yes a floor mop
  • styrofoam cone
  • fabric
  • hot glue gun with glue sticks
  • wooden bead 30-40 mm

Directions are so easy just that hat….ha ha ha. I decided to fold my fabric in a triangle so it is around 16 inches long.( it will be easier to wrap around) and will pray for the best!

Just because I am going to use styrofoam cone as my gnome base I like to cover it up a bit so it will look better. I am going to use burlap because I have lots of it around my house. Simply hot glue it to the cone.

just like that ...

As we have a hot glue ready … let’s find a middle of our mop and attach it to the top of the cone

I didn’t even try to remove plastic parts from the mop. Hopefully it will help me with the hat.

Fold your triangle in the half and hot glue to our gnome body leaving a little lip for our seasonal hat decor. I have a feeling this gnome will stay out all year round

Even though it is a gnome made out of Dollar Tree mop I like to disguise it a bit and untangle each piece of robe. I will also look fuller and that is what I like.

it is not a difficult process but bit lengthy

hot glue your wooden bead under your hat and some pom- pom at the end of hat tail and you are done!

Isn’t he cute !?!?!? I am so pleased with my final product! His hat is not perfect but I love it ! I am going to dress him up according to the season. It is for sure a gnome that will stay out all year round!

I can see that on our photo shoot outside my gnome really enjoys leaves in his hat too...lol He is for sure all year round keeper!

If you are curious how to make that clay daisy in his hat please check HERE and as you are there check other Home Decor ideas we were working on

I think I am going to introduce them to each other ... Enchanted duo.

Agnes Chrzanowska