Asked on Sep 30, 2019

Can I use acrylic craft paint to stencil on top of chalk paint?

Johnavallance82EmmaWilliam
+4

I am sanding my bathroom wall tiles and painting with Annie Sloan old white chalk paint. I am then going to stencil a design on some of the tiles. Can I use acrylic paint for the stencilling? I am then going to apply a general finishes gloss or semigloss topcoat.

• Karen Brunck
    Karen Brunck

Hi Patricia. Yes you can use acrylics. If you mix them with Liquitex gel medium & varnish, they'll last forever!😊

William

Sure can. If your going to topcoat no need to mix with anything.

• Emma
    Emma

How do I paint fabric on furniture?

• Johnavallance82
      Johnavallance82

Hello Emma,

First of all I assume fabric is already on furniture. I would gently rub it down to give a better key and then paint away. If you are wanting to use Chalk paint, you can go right ahead and paint without needing to rub down.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello Patricia,

Yes you can, it should look great!

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello Emma,

First of all I assume the fabric is already on the furniture and you just want to change the look of it with paint. Just go ahead and paint over it. If it has a high shine you may wish to rub it down a bit with a fine sandpaper to give the paint more grip!