How do I clean car headlights?

RayDeb KKathy Gunter Law
+3

• Lifestyles Homes

The polishing kits work quite well. Follow the directions.

• Cynthia H

You can also use white toothpaste. It will take some elbow grease,. I used it on my old car's head lights. A soft scrub product might also work, but I haven't tried that.

Hi Masie:1) Here’s a tip for those foggy headlights that look dull and dirty. I haven’t been able to find anything that cleans them better than this. Not for 5$, at least. Any bug spray will work so long as it has DEET. The more, the better.

What I used was a product called Motsenbockers® Lift Off® Latex Paint Remover - 4.5 oz. Just be sure the can says "safe for plastic". I put it on with one of those magic eraser sponges, rubbing lightly, let it sit for about 5 or 10 seconds and rub off. Then clean with water and use Rain-X, again being sure this says 'safe for plastic', too. If it's not, just use wax. You may have to do it a couple of times, but it has worked for me. Takes about 10 minutes for both headlights and is under $6, and you still have product left over.

I saw this on Instructibles, but don't know about it at all. Here is the site: https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Fix-Cloudy-Headlights/

Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law

Buff with whitenening toothpaste.

• Deb K

Hi Masie, you can buy kits that help get that cloudy look to go away

• Ray

you can buy head light cleaner at the auto parts store