The Solution to Muddy Dog Walks This Winter

$40

If, like me, you have a dog that LOVES to get muddy, then this may give you an idea to save your home from being trashed by our dirty pawed pals.

Dogs and winter walks lead to muddy homes!

My dog loves mud and loves to swim in the river. In the summer, this is not a problem but in the wet months, it causes me a headache.

I don't want him straight into my house, nor do I want to traipse him through to the bathroom each day to shower him off.

The original outside tap

I started just spraying him with the hose pipe but it wasn't ideal. Often these are the days it is already freezing cold.

My dog also suffers from a condition called Limber Tail, triggered by cold water. Regardless, its not something I feel kind doing when it's already a freezing cold day.

I initially thought of putting some kind of dog shower in the utility room but then I decided against it due to how much space it would take up. So instead I decided to have a shower installed in the garden instead.

Shower Mixer Bar

You can buy the shower mixer bars cheaply without having to buy the rest of the shower accessories. I am not handy enough to to do the plumbing myself so I had a plumber come and fit it for me. It just needed a hot and cold feed, so its a pretty straightforward job if you have a kitchen or utility on the other side of the wall!

Heated outdoor water

I chose a very basic shower bar with a simple temperate control. Having the ability to have warm water coming out of the hose is brilliant to clean the mud and dirt off your dogs feet in the winter. No more frost bite on your fingers and much nicer for your dog! It obviously has other benefits too! Warm water to wash your car, or fill up the paddling pool in the summer!

Hose spray

It is easy to attach regular hose and spray attachment to the shower mixer bar. This makes is super versatile rather than just adding a traditional shower head.

He loves the water

I now never need to worry how muddy or wet my dog gets on the walk. It's so quick and easy to clean him down as soon as we come home now. I just sit him in his bed until he dries off and my house remains mud free.

Its also super useful for washing the car or filling the children’s paddling pool in the summer!!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
The Dog Shower in action

I hope you can see clearly what was involved in creating this? It really is very simple and cheap to do. You may just need to instruct a plumber if you are not a whizz with plumbing yourself, but it seemed a quick job to do if you are replacing your original outside tap.

Please feel free to ask me anything about this and I will be happy to help.

Here is to a mud free home this winter!

3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall

• Lisa West

So happy you have this. And really happy that you dont give your dog a cold bath. My mom told me she never gave an animal a cold shower or bath. We as humans don't and our pets deserve a warm bath to. I never gave my dog or cats a cold bath. I really like this idea to. When I get another dog I will have some thing similar installed as well. I had to put my dog down in dec of 2014. He had cancer. Therr was no way I was going to extend his life through all those kemo and stuff for a few months. It would bot have went away nor did I want him to suffer either. Hardest decision I had to make. I'm still very sad over it even now. Starting to want another dog. Just not yet. I have my kitties right now to. Once again this I'd a great idea for cleaning our furbabies or for the furbabies to have fun on a hot day as well as for dirty kids and dirty husbands. Lol

• The New Front Wall

Thank you for your message! It’s so heartbreaking loosing our beautiful pets, they are part of our families. Glad you liked my dog shower idea. It’s great to wash all the mud off him, washing the cars & filling up the kids paddling pool too 😊

• Annie

I love this idea and I’m gonna try it . My dog is old now and she smells. It is a lot of work to bathe her often inside. A quick shower outside would be great for her as well as for the great grandkids in the summer time. Ty

• The New Front Wall

Yes the grandchildren will love it too! Also handy for filling up the paddling pool or washing the car 🤣