How do I clean musty odors in my house ?

Kathy Gunter LawFrugalFamilyTimes.comJohnavallance82
+1

• Cynthia H

Investigate for possible causes. Dampness is often the culprit. After I repositioned gutters and made sure we had no leaks, our basement still smelled musty. The fix was a dehumidifier and a fan.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Glenda,

Hire or buy a Steam Cleaner, and do everywhere ceiling to floor, Furniture and fittings, but not electricals! Choose a dry day to do it and open all the windows and doors if possible too. If that doesn't work, there may be a problem with the fabric of the home. Look out for wood infestation or mice or damp issues........ For a quick temporary fix use Febreeze for fabrics.....Shake and Vac for Carpets and Air freshener spray. You could also use cheap Damp collecting gel filled containers from stores and supermarkets...............Good luck!

• Kathy Gunter Law

Eliminate the source of the problem. Then use either damprid type products or a dehumidifier. Next, wipe down all surfaces with white cleaning vinegar to kill any mold spores. Finally, OdoBan which is a disinfectant as well as a deodorizer.