How do I cover a swimming pool?

FlipturnKathy LongJohnavallance82
+3

• Johnavallance82

Hello again Dusty,

If you want to make something yourself, start with a very strong bamboo/metal/timber pole. Roll tarpaulin onto it, Set it on cradles either side of the pool. Make strong rope pulls either side at top of tarpaulin for manual pulling. Fix at the far end of the pool something like boat cleats to secure the ropes. Good luck!

• Kathy Long

Tarps and bungee cords

• Flipturn

How large is the swimming pool? Is it above ground, or below ground?

Are you wanting to cover the pool only the days when you are not using it, or for longer time periods during certain seasons?

• Flipturn

Reply to Lifestyles Homes,

Yes, you are absolutely correct!

Pools, and lines are supposed to be fully drained before the weather freezes, exactly for the reason you mentioned.

However, believe it or not, I have seen some folks try to 'cut corners in maintenance' by putting a cover over swimming pools even in areas where the temperature sometimes drops below zero, then have a heavy pile of unexpected snow burst through the tarp and rip it.

I realize now that my question may have sounded pretty dense for a swimmer to ask. I have edited my question, trying to re-word it so that it reads what I was intending to ask.