How can I restore the arms of a crack leather sofa?

BeverlySheila RyanTinyshoes
+3

q how to restore the arms of a crack leather sofa

This sofa is 10 years old. I really don't want it but I am trying to hold out with keeping it until we move. Can it be saved?

• Dee

With that much cracking you are going to have to reupholster

• Morgan McBride

I agree. You can't repair that.

• Vimarhonor

I would suggest a slipcover. This appears to be a bonded leather - pleather and will not be a satisfying successful repair to try to attempt.

• Tinyshoes

Lisa...You can purchase arm covers that should cover that..Google and see if you can't find. I have seen them at LTC l believe.

• Sheila Ryan

You can also look on this website & follow directions for painting your furniture with chalk paint. You will be sanding off the loose bonded leather. I think the best one includes “downy” brand laundry softener.

• Beverly

I had something like this on a chair and the seat of the car from getting in and out. I bought a couple of sheets of tape. The sheets are like duck tape and I also had it in black. It covered beautifully and you can hardly see it. You can find it at one of the big building supply stores. I got mine at Menards