What I Did With an Old Piano

$1200
5 Months
Advanced

Old, worn pianos are free to get. That made me wonder what I would do with an old piano. I thought about it, made a plan, got me one, worked on it for five months and in the video you can see what came out. The piano contains eight electronic devices. In the short demonstration video in this post you can see them all.

I have published the 'The Making Of' video too. If you're interested, check it out in my profile.

Watch the short video to see all 8 electronic devices.

This is how I got the piano - in it's original state.

It has nice details.

I carefully took it apart. The sound board and the iron frame, I threw away.

I changed the opening mechanism and made it electric. I put in a brand new digital piano (so it would keep its function) and added a monitor and speaker system. The pc is underneath.

This is how it looks al ready to go.

You can now use it as a full-blown pc, as a fireplace or an aquarium (those are on YouTube  ), or as television.

But of course you can still play the piano.

For a detailed demonstration, please watch the video above.

• Eileen Miller Tuttle

Does anyone know how I can repurpose an old heat stove? It's the type that you buy in Home Depot, kinda small. I hate to throw it away, but need ideas.

• Daisy@TX

Exactly! I can picture greenery and trailing flowering vines.

• Linda Graff

Took a two drawer night stand and three drawer dresser, cut the two drawer in half and attached to top to make it counter height and made a bar from my 1974 furniture I had as a kid, how did it do?

• Kathy

FABULOUS

• Nicki Petruzzella Kerns
    7 minutes ago

I'm a professional pianist and this reminded me of a gig I had years ago at a piano bar. The venue owners had taken an old grand piano, painted it Halloween orange, removed all the innards and put an electric keyboard where the keys and action were. I love your idea and how it all turned out!