What I Did With an Old Piano

$1200
5 Months
Advanced

Old, worn pianos are free to get. That made me wonder what I would do with an old piano. I thought about it, made a plan, got me one, worked on it for five months and in the video you can see what came out. The piano contains eight electronic devices. In the short demonstration video in this post you can see them all.

I have published the 'The Making Of' video too. If you're interested, check it out in my profile.

Watch the short video to see all 8 electronic devices.

This is how I got the piano - in it's original state.

It has nice details.

I carefully took it apart. The sound board and the iron frame, I threw away.

I changed the opening mechanism and made it electric. I put in a brand new digital piano (so it would keep its function) and added a monitor and speaker system. The pc is underneath.

This is how it looks al ready to go.

You can now use it as a full-blown pc, as a fireplace or an aquarium (those are on YouTube  ), or as television.

But of course you can still play the piano.

For a detailed demonstration, please watch the video above.

22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!

• Eileen Miller Tuttle

Does anyone know how I can repurpose an old heat stove? It's the type that you buy in Home Depot, kinda small. I hate to throw it away, but need ideas.

• Nancy

Do an online search, it will probably direct you to Pinterest, but there are lots of ideas out there. Possibilities are only limited by your imagination!

• Linda Graff

Took a two drawer night stand and three drawer dresser, cut the two drawer in half and attached to top to make it counter height and made a bar from my 1974 furniture I had as a kid, how did it do?

• Robyn Garner

WoWzers!!! Unbelievably kewl contraption that I see is now world-famous! 😎

I like your jazz and jitterbug. And that sexy accent - oohh lala! HA! I now read that the accent is that of your translator hee hee hee. 😄👌

• Kelly-n-Tony

I have an old pump organ I've been trying to decide how to re-use. So much better to reuse then toss.