How do I get rid of gnats that are in my plumbing?

GjhocottChristie L KennedyCarol
+3

little black bugs coming up from pipes & garbage disposal ,how do I get rid of them??l

• Mogie

Hydrogen Peroxide solution kills fungus gnat larvae on contact and Neem Oil can keep adult gnats at bay.

• Carol

Sounds like you need to clean your drains. I use 1/2 C baking soda & 1 C vinegar. Pour the baking soda into the drain. Follow with the vinegar. This will boil up immediately so either close the drain stopper right away or, if it is a disposal or shower drain, slap a soft flat plastic drain lid on it and hold it down with your hand until the foaming stops. Let sit for about 1/2 hour, then run water to flush the drain.

• Gjhocott

how can I ever thank you for answering ,This is the first common sense answer I have received ,I am getting to it right now ,Thank You

• Christie L Kennedy

We use this same method to keep drains clear and clean. Every so often I use bleach and microwave hot water to flush it later. And lemon juice refresh’s the drains also especially disposals.

• Gjhocott

Abig Thank You