DEBBIE
DEBBIE
  • Conway, SC

How do I remove this discoloration from this stainless steel sink?

BethWilliamKathy Gunter Law
+11

How do I remove this discoloration from the stainless steel sink? I previously asked this question, I tried everything that was suggested baking soda, vinegar, Mr. clean Magic eraser, Clorox cleanup, and barkeepers friend. This is why it still looks like does anyone have any clue how to clean this

q how do i remove this discoloration from the stainless steel sink
  • Allison

There's a product called Hope's Perfect Sink. I use it on my antique porcelain sink and it does a good job. It is made for stainless, removes stains and polishes to protect. I believe I purchased it at Lowes. It may take more than one application, with elbow grease, but once it's done, it's done. I highly doubt it will do much for the scratches, it's not a filler. They will be less visible, though. Give it a go. I can feel your frustration, so I hope this works for you.

• Johnavallance82

Hi there,

I have never seen anything quite like that on a sink, but wonder if it could have been caused by Paint stripper or some sort of an acid. My advice would be to send a photo and ask a kitchen sink supplier or company (Customer Service or Technical Support) if they could be of some help to you. Sorry I can't be of anymore help than that.

• Pamela

Hi ! Have you tried regular brillo ? Also do you know what caused the discoloration ?

• Vita

Wow everything I would have suggested.

Only thing I would add Boiling Water maybe that would open the pores and get into the surface better.

Good Luck.

• Connie

Have you tried a cleaner for Stainless Steel? We got WEIMAN STAINLESS STEEL cleaner & polish

• DEBBIE

No I have not tried a cleaner/polish, But I will get some and try it. Thank you

• Kathy Gunter Law

Rubbing Alcohol

• DEBBIE

I have tried everything in your post except Zep stainless steel cleaner, and as you can see from the pictures it is still not Spot free. Thank you so much for your input.

• Beth

Bar Keepers cleaner available in Canadian Tire cleans s/s really well. It comes in a powder or in a cream. I use it on my pot and pans.