Upcycled Vase With Pressed and Preserved Flowers

$2

I love the flowers that grow in our yard. I pressed them and preserved them on an old vase so I could enjoy them year around.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

post

I cut a variety of flowers I was wanting to preserve and used paper towels and a heavy book to preserve them.

post

After they were preserved, here's what they looked like!

post

I cleaned my old vase with rubbing alcohol and let that dry. My mom had given me a peel and stick dragonfly decal, so I followed the directions and placed this on one side of my vase.

post

I mod podged my flowers onto the vase in the design I created. I let it dry and then did a second coat and let that dry as well.

post

I can still use this as a vase or I can use it as a pencil , utensil, candle holder, etc

post

post

I would love to have you stop by my blog     Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Frank Kelch

Could you spray the Mod Podge instead of brushing?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

The do make Mod Podge Ultra that sprays on. If you worked one side at a time, it might work, but coating the flower in the Mod Podge is what preserves it.

• Nancy Tucker

How do you clean the exterior of the vase. This is a beautiful project.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I dust it and you can use a damp cloth to clean it as well. You just can't put it in water although if you used dishwasher safe Mod Podge it might make it more washable. I can clean the inside with no trouble and then lightly dust the outside.

• Sunny

I absolutely love this! How long does it take to dry the flowers? Thanks! So want to do this!!!

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I let my flowers dry for a few days to a week depending on climate, how thick they are, etc. You can move ahead if they aren't completely dry though as the Mod Podge will seal them.