Upcycled Vase With Pressed and Preserved Flowers

$2

I love the flowers that grow in our yard. I pressed them and preserved them on an old vase so I could enjoy them year around.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

I cut a variety of flowers I was wanting to preserve and used paper towels and a heavy book to preserve them.

After they were preserved, here's what they looked like!

I cleaned my old vase with rubbing alcohol and let that dry. My mom had given me a peel and stick dragonfly decal, so I followed the directions and placed this on one side of my vase.

I mod podged my flowers onto the vase in the design I created. I let it dry and then did a second coat and let that dry as well.

I can still use this as a vase or I can use it as a pencil , utensil, candle holder, etc

I would love to have you stop by my blog     Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Sunny

I absolutely love this! How long does it take to dry the flowers? Thanks! So want to do this!!!

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I let my flowers dry for a few days to a week depending on climate, how thick they are, etc. You can move ahead if they aren't completely dry though as the Mod Podge will seal them.

• Lisa

This is really awesomely pretty. I live in Australia and I don't think we have Modge Podge here. Is it a PVC (wood working) glue?

• JoeAnna Taylor

At one point I paid over $70.00 for a microwave/pressing system to preserve flowers which was horrible! Your way, as old fashion as it is, works fantastic and the color is preserved. Definitely doing this on glass. How to rescue boring jars, vases and glass cookie jars!!!