How to Make a DIY Crayon Drip Pumpkin

$5

Anyone else getting your pumpkin decorating on? Last weekend I made the most fun and colorful DIY crayon drip pumpkin, and I wanted to share the tutorial with you.

Gather your supplies:

• White pumpkin(s)
  • Crayons
  • Tacky Glue
  • Hair dryer or heat gun
  • Trash Bag

Take your crayons and peel off the paper, break all crayons in half(ish). Discard the paper.

Take your tacky glue and glue the crayons along the top of the pumpkin. You might need to go smaller on the crayons depending on your pumpkin size. I went smaller on a few crayons.

Let the glue dry for about 30-45 minutes. This helps hold the crayons in place while you blow dry or heat gun them. Once dry, place the pumpkin on a trash sack or drop cloth of some sort and grab your hair dryer or heat gun.

We started off using the blow dryer on the highest setting, but it was taking awhile. I knew that I was going to be doing this tutorial live on air soon and needed something that would speed up the melting process. I remembered that we had a heat gun. Boom! I enlisted the extra hands of my husband to help melt the crayons with the gun.

The heat gun was perfect for the job, and the crayons started melting right away. The melting process was more satisfying than ever expected. I loved watching the colors bleed together beautifully.

It took about 2 minutes or so for the melting to completely happen. I added a couple smaller crayon pieces on top to layer in more color. It worked like a charm. I also added one to the top of the stem to add a pop of color there.

Once the colors were all melted together I let the pumpkin dry for a few minutes. That’s it—I had a colorful, funky pumpkin to enjoy.

My DIY crayon drip pumpkin found a home on our dining room table on top of a colorful wood slice I painted for my daughter's first birthday party.

I highly recommend this DIY crayon drip pumpkin tutorial! It is very impactful for very little time and effort.

31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Audrey Kuether

• Kristine

How long do you think it would take if you just used a regular blow dryer??

• Audrey Kuether

Cheryl is right...it does take awhile with a blow dryer, but if you're patient you can make it happen :)

• Pat

Love this could you do this on a plastic pumpkin love this

• MOJO

Could u use a kitchen blow torch instead of buying a heat gun?

• Queen

I bought 2 white pumpkins today.I will have fun tomorrow.

• Queen

My husband & I bought a heat gun (hair dryer was too messy) I enjoyed this alot.