Dollar Store Glass Pumpkin Outdoor Lantern

$10

I spotted some glass pumpkins at my Dollar Store and immediately thought they would make cute outdoor lanterns to add to my fall decor. Every year I try to add something new to my existing decorations. This project is super easy and takes less than half an hour to make.

Here is the supplies needed for this project. Glass pumpkin, I bought two. Two sets of battery operated mini lights with built in timer, and two fall picks.

I took a piece of wire and bent it so it would stand up.

Next I took the lights and randomly wrapped them around the wire. I turned the lights on so they were more visible in the picture.

Next place the lights wrapped around the wire in the pumpkin. The purpose of the wire is so the lights are not just lying at the bottom, you want to be able to see them. I placed the battery part of the light in a small clear bag this is just to prevent water from getting inside.

Now it is time to attach the fall pick. I slid it in the rope that came on the glass pumpkin and secured it using my glue gun.

So here it is complete. Repeat steps to do the second pumpkin.

Here are my two pumpkin lanterns.

Here it is lit up. To use the timer on the battery operated mini lights is super simple. All you do is turn the lights on at the desired time using the switch on the battery . They will stay on for 6 hrs then go out on their own. They will come back on again by themselves at the time you initially turned them on.

I love my pumpkin lanterns, they look great day or night. A super easy project you can use indoors or out.