How do you make DIY microwave cleaner?

Cynthia HBushraDeb K
+3

Using vinegar and dawn

• Chloe Crabtree
    Chloe Crabtree

*Heat 12 ounces white vinegar in microwave until hot and pour into squirt bottle, then mix with 12 ounces Dawn dish soap & shake. Spray & let sit for an hour. (may use more vinegar than soap)

• I do it the lazy way. Fill a measuring cup, 8 oz, with water. Place in microwave turn on. Cook till water boils. In my microwave that takes about 3 minutes. Keep door closed for 5 to 10 minutes and let it steam. Open door carefully. Now wipe out interior with paper towels or a microfiber cloth. Use vinegar to disinfect. Done in less than 20 minutes and some of that time can be spent cleaning other things.

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hi Wanda, you can also clean with just vinegar and water the same way, but leave it sit in the microwave for a minute then start wiping it clean, this softens up the crud

• Bushra
    Bushra

Hey Wanda, Here is what I use for everything and it has made my life very easy! https://bushraslifestyle.com/diy-cleaning-caddy/ Hope it helps. You can watch the video as well.

Bushra

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

My go to smells better. I add lemon juice to a glass measuring cup 3/4 full of water. Heat in microwave for 5 minutes. Let it sit for a few more minutes, and wipe it out with a microfiber cloth. I pour the hot water down the drain of my kitchen sink.