Donna
Donna
  • South Fallsburg, NY

Garden

Douglas HuntMiriam I

This water fountain garden is just spectacular! I live in NY I see you have the hostas in some sun do they grow there? I have some I want to plant but the spt is full sun.
TY Donna
  • Miriam I

Hi Donna, are you referring to this post? (scroll through the comments to see the picture) If you post your question right there, Julee will see it and respond. http://www.hometalk.com/432531/shade-garden-fence?cid=154136/photo/78250

Donna, you are far enough north that you could probably get away with hostas in full sun, although I have to say that I don't think they ever look right in that situation. Avoid varieties with thin foliage, extensive white coloration or that have blue leaves, as all of these are less tolerant of sun. And, having some familiarity with deer in your area, I would say not to even consider hostas unless you have a deer fence.